- Learning all about superadobe using various teaching tools, both theory and practical.
- The chance to get hands of experience working on the main building site with larger sized, triple dome units.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with a variety of Indian vegetarian dishes. Tea and coffee is also available on site.
- Basic accommodation which includes mattress, sheets, pillows, blankets in a tent set up. 3 showers and toilets that are shared by everyone on site. Accommodation is shared (between 2-4 people per tent) and 2 person tents are available on first come first serve basis. You are welcome to bring your own tents, camping area is available on site.
- Tools and materials that are used for demonstrations and practice.
- Certificate on completion of Workshop
Abhimanyu Ayri (Abhi) email@example.com
Owner/Director at Anchorage Eco Lodge. I completed my middle school in India, finished High School in Kuwait and studied marketing in Toronto, Canada. Once back in India, I started the Anchorage project on family owned property. I have extensive knowledge in earthbag building and superadobe building techniques. From filling bags to placing barbed wire and filling foundations to exterior plastering, I’ve done it all during the first unit construction on site. Want to spread awareness about this technique and do my bit for saving the environment.
Arnout Van Mameren (Arnout) firstname.lastname@example.org
An architect and artist by profession and the dome designer behind the project at Anchorge Eco Lodge. Born in South Africa and grew up in Holland. Studied architecture at the Technical College in Groningen and TU Delft. After graduation Arnout started his office for Art and Architecture – Ateler van Mameren. He is well experienced in housing and town planning on ecological and sustainable building, with major focus on earthbag buildings. He projects and is the designer for the Grandstand with stable in Rotterdam for the CHIO (One of the biggest equestrain events in the world). In recent years he shifted his focus has spent almost 6 months at Anchorage Eco Lodge pushing limits and creating unique triple unit domes. He is eager on teaching people about this technique and spreading a message about how we can enjoy modern day comforts without harming the environment.
Other Team Members from AEL
- House keeper
HOW TO REGISTER ?
- Log on to anchorageecolodge.com
- Fill out the workshop registration form
- Read the terms of Agreement and fill in the relevant details
- Email the scanned copy or picture of signed Agreement to email@example.com
- On approval of your application, pay the $500 registration fee. (non refundable) to Paypal account of “Ayri Hotels and Resorts Pvt. Ltd”
- Balance payment to be made in cash upon arrival on first day at the workshop site.
Cost of 2 week workshop – 1350 US $.